Thursday, November 25, 2010

Chamomile Creme Brulee, part 1

So, this is my first two part post. It stems from the fact that I have recently become obsessed with infusing creme brulee with a chamomile flavor. I made my first attempt last Sunday, with my friend, Leah. We tried to steep chamomile tea bags in the warmed cream. This was a failure. We ended up with vanilla creme brulee. It was delicious, but it was not chamomile. Thus, I set about my current obsession. I decided that attempting to steep the chamomile was a mistake. Instead, I decided to infuse vodka with chamomile and use that infusion to flavor the creme brulee. Step one has been completed. I have the chamomile infusion. It smells and tastes like chamomile, and it has a beautiful amber color. I used a tiny airplane bottle of Finlandia vodka for the infussion substrate. Here is a photo of the process and of the result. Stay tuned for part 2, when I attempt to use this concoction to flavor a creme brulee.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: