Monday, January 19, 2009

Spaghetti with Clam Sauce

Today was a big day.  I made all sorts of things in honor of classes starting up again.  In the morning I made lemonale.  I don't know if that's what it's called, in fact I don't even know if it will work.  But, it is pretty much gingerale with a lot more lemon.  I hope it is delicious.  The wort certainly was.  Also, I got a crown capper, so I am able to start bottling my soda in glass bottles.  I am very excited.  Hopefully they won't explode.  

The Lemonale



Crown Capper



I also took advantage of the day to make one of my favorite italian dishes, linguini with clam sauce.  Of course, I accidently bought spaghetti, so I had spaghetti with clam sauce.  It was still delicious.  

Of course, the more finicky people in the household won't eat seafood with pasta, so I also had to make wild rice with spinach and shrimp.  The wild rice with spinach and shrimp was a big hit, but in my book it didn't compare to the pasta with clam sauce.  I tried something new to make the clam sauce.  Instead of just reducing white wine, I reduced both white wine and shrimp stock that I made from the shrimp in the wild rice.  It was very rich.  It is one of my favorite things to eat, and I was so happy.  

Spaghetti with Clam Sauce




Happy me!!!!!!


No comments: